Sunday, August 22, 2010

tomorrow

Tomorrow I start school at what we Quebecers call a "cegep". I can't wait. I am what some would call an intellectual, and others a nerd; I love school and learning and anything that allows me to use my brain constructively. During school, everything is about studies and sports and socializing sometimes and I am RID of this dreadful spare time. Summer is too long a season; constantly I yearn for my vacation to come to an end and for cooler temperatures. Today it is cool and I feel fresh and alert. If my knee will allow it I think I will start running again. That would make me a very happy person.

Something about pencils and highliters and lined papers and schoolbooks makes me nostalgic and optimistic. It's the start of another great year, I will work very hard and I will be proud of what I've achieved, even if it will never be enough. I love the challenge of school: it's beating yourself every time, and going further than you expect. It's dedication and tuning up and paying attention to every detail, learning a little more every day. Every class is interesting in its own particular way if you think of nothing but the knowledge itself; forget the teacher if he or she is boring, forget the classroom if it is drab or a sickening hospital green, and only has one narrow window. Forget the boy drooling on his desk, fast asleep, and the girl who polishes her nails, and the students who turn to look at the clock every ten, five or two minutes. They are nothing. There is only you and the knowledge and the process of learning and the feel of your bones.

How I wish it were thus all the time... If that even makes sense. Pouah. I need to back to school. :)

Happy, happy, happy. This feels good. I love you girls!

1 comment:

TK said...

good luck!!

I'm not sure if i noted this before but I wanted to just say hello to a fellow Canadian!