Tuesday, August 17, 2010

it's mickey.

He ran away, I think he's dead. I think it was the coyotes, in the rain, in our backyard. I think it was the loneliness, and the confusion, and the fright.

Mickey is my friend. He was. He isn't, not anymore. It's hard to accept that I'll never see him again. That I never said good-bye. That he lived a life so short. And Mia and Casper and Jake, they will miss him. And I will miss him. He was special, smart, incredibly devious. I was his favourite. His favourite human.

It was my fault. He went missing and I went to look for him and I gave up. Because of the rain. Because my wrists were swollen from the banging. Because I was tired. I could have saved him. It's my fault, my fault. Mickey, it's my fault if you died.

Mickey was my cat. If he is dead, may he rest in peace. If you aren't.. please come back!
I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, darling, I'm so sorry. Keep your chin up.. when the critters are as devious and sneaky as you expect them of being, they're likely to surprise you. My furry friends have always loved taking side trips for a couple days. They turn up, after fending off the coyotes and bobcats. I hope he finds you.