Saturday, January 15, 2011

show me a woman who sneers at the body of a model

And I'll show you a girl who is ashamed of her own.

I can't take this crap about healthy weight. You aren't allowed to say you're happy about how you look and who you are, because I see the envy and the shame in your eyes. You can't hide your ineptitude, your laziness, your self-loathing behind claims of satisfaction and self-acceptance. You've made a "healthy body image" nothing more than an excuse for the unflattering curves of your misshapen bodies. You can't call your addiction to fast-food, lazy-boys and day-time television not only a norm, but something everyone should strive for, on the sole basis that you can say you're happy about your body without being jeered at and scorned. But there is no wonder in the eys of the onlookers, only pity and discust, and no pride and yours, and I will pick the scorn of society over living your lie anyday.

Or maybe I'm just angry because I gained two pounds. I don't even care how it happened anymore. It just needs to go. Now. I really don't want to go back there... Anywhere.

1 comment:

Ana's Girl said...

Your words may be inspired by anger, but they are the truest words i have ever heard. I feel that way about people who use the term "healthy weight all the time." But don't hate yourself for the gain. I love you bigger than the sky, remember that! *hugs*