Sunday, January 30, 2011

i still hate sales clerks


The sky is blue and the sun is out and the snow is SPARKLY (I must let my inner blonde out at times, or she causes major brain cramps at the most unconvenient times, like during exams, conversations with intelligent and interesting people or- and this is the worst-case scenario- when I am obliged to interact with strangers, which makes for extremely embarrassing situations (ref: my hatred for automated cash-outs) and makes me crawl into a corner for days at a time). It is still minus twenty hundred degrees outside but, thanks to the brilliant inventor of windows, I can contemplate my shimmery backyard whilst avoid the loss of several toes and fingers.

Yesterday I gathered my courage and went to Fabriville to buy, well, fabric, to make simple cotton skirts which I can't seem to find anywhere in any store. Seriously, fashion has completely disregarded my taste in clothing in the past few years- I can't even find a decent ugly sweater anywhere anymore, they're all dressy and chic and clingy... Not that I have money to spend on clothes, because who would by a sweater when one can buy a BOOK? Or a Daria DVD. I love that cartoon.

At any rate, I'm in a terribly good mood right now, for several reasons: the weather, the schoolwork, the fabric, my cats (see picture with freaky hand above), my schoolwork, my Cyrano de Bergerac, my SCHOOLWORK: I am incomplete without school and books. Without school, my brain starves and starts feeding on itself and REALLY I'm not that intent on auto-canibalism. And without books, how could I fall in (and out of) love with various fictional characters and retain my faith in the human mind? Falling in love with fictional beings is actually quite lovely. Except when they die. I never really get over that. I am still grieving numerous deaths, including that of Eddie Willers in Atlas Shrugged, (SPOILER ALERT) Rumeus Lupin in Harry Potter and Kira in We the Living (a little girl-crush). Especially Eddie. Ugh. I am a sucker for intelligent strong-willed characters, but also the smart but sweet ones. Oh, did I mention they had to be smart?

Well this is going absolutely nowhere so I will take my leave. I need to write a introductory essay on Karl Marx for my philosophy class and determine wether Evie's poem in The Colonel's Lady is a work of fiction or of truth. And prepare for my biology lab. (Honestly college work still feels like high school to me... sigh) I also don't have physics this session... how will I go on? Thank god for Stephen Hawking's brain, it is my hero. Okay, okay enough.

I love you all! Also, more followers? I should ditch my blog more often. (gotta love that casual slang). Have a beautiful day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm completely with you on the loss of Remus Lupin from the Harry Potter series. I cried over that one for days. That's why I like the Twilight series --- no one dies !