Tuesday, November 30, 2010

the dog days aren't over yet

I love Christmas: it's my favourite time of year. Christmas makes me peaceful inside, it makes me contemplative and satisfied and dreamy but in a good way. The smell of pine trees and cinnamon keeps the monsters at bay and the sight of snow in the branches of the trees and the Christmas lights (they make me feel safe and loved: I wrap them around everything in my room and I am happy) whisks the crazy away. Even the crazy-books can't disturb my quiet happiness. And God knows I need the crazy-books.

It's during the holidays that I know that I love you and care about you and everything is going to be okay. And that I love a lot of people just like that.

And then, when Christmas is over... The happiness dies. And it's so ridiculous because I know I will make myself unhappy and I don't do anything to avoid it... But I guess if anyone will understand be that's you, my faithful readers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've missed you. And I adore you. And I'm so glad you're happy. I love this time of year, too. I wish we got snow down here, but the cold and the... whatever-it-is... just makes me happy (mostly).

We can be happy/sad together. :-/ Perhaps not the most genius idea, but, hey, it works... right? With love.